The biggest challenge in the morning is debating if you want to hit that snooze button for an extra few minutes of sleep or you want to get up and look someone presentable to take on the World.
What if I told you, you can have your cake and eat it too? (Mmm...Cake)
Keeping a look simple and uniform allows you to make modifications for days you may have breakouts, or may want to jazz up the regular look. Also makeup is an art- so practice makes perfect. Once you have your set products and how you want to use them, then this look should only take you a quick three minutes.
Here are my choice of products for a quick and easy five product face.
1. Highlighter: you can double up your favourite highlighter as an eyeshadow. Or if you feel this is too much of a hassle you can completely skip this step and no harm done.
Tip: Apply a generous amount to the inner corner/ tear duct area to give your eyes a bright awake look.
2. Concealer: instead of using liquid foundation find a full coverage concealer you can use to cover up dark circles, and blemishes. This will give your skin a natural look and you wont get irritated by 5pm to want to scrap your makeup off.
Note: powder foundations are a great option for adding coverage and you don't need to be extremely precise. Just take a big fluffy brush like the Multi Task brush from Real Techniques and apply the powder everywhere. My favourite is the Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Foundation Powder.
3. Blush/Bronser: You definitely do not need to use both. But adding some colour back to the face will make you look fresh and lively. Take one or the other, or both for a sun-kissed look.
Tip: by using the same brush as the foundation, the blush will blend the pigment better into the skin and will look much more natural and diffused.
4. Mascara: Since more sleep can often mean skip the eyeliner, mascara is a great tool to add definition back to your eyes. This will make your lashes look extra long, voluminous, and dark (like your morning-cursing soul).
Tip: pick a mascara that will give your lashes a lot of drama! Or an old tip is to layer mascaras- use any two mascaras (doesn't need to be expensive) and layer a coat of each to achieve a wow-look.
5. Lipstick/Lipstain/LipGloss: If you feel like you can get bored from this look, think again. When the look is neutral you can wear ANY, that's right folks...ANY LIP COLOUR. You can keep it neutral with a nude or a soft pink lip or amp it up with a darker lip option. The World is your oyster.
Tip: if you opt for a darker lip then try applying a lip liner to ensure the colour doesn't bleed throughout the day. Also make sure to carry your lip choice with you in your purse.
If you want to see the final look I come up with...watch my five product look that I wear below and so does Priyanka Chopra (WCE amiright?).